This is notice advises you about your privacy and the way Westera Partners Pty Ltd (“Westera”) collects and use of your personal information and private data.
All Westera staff, clients and website users who have any concerns about how we collect and/or use your personal data, are encouraged to advise concerns in writing to Westera’s Privacy Officer marked – “Attention: Privacy Officer” by
– mailing to the address location below, or
– emailing the Privacy Officer at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1. Who are we?
Westera Partners Pty. Ltd. ABN: 52 097 417 975 is private engineering consulting services business.
Our website address is: http://www.westerapartners.com.au.
2. Privacy Law Compliance
How we protect your personal information and your private data
Westera complies with the Privacy Act (1988) and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017. Westera has established policies and procedures to comply with the relevant Australian privacy Principle s (APP’s). These aspects are covered within the Westera Integrated Management System (“IMS”) which are audited and updated periodically for compliance.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Westera has the necessary policies, procedures and resources in place to comply with its statutory requirements for notification and reporting of eligible disclosures and data breaches.
3. What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you submit a contact form then your personal contact details shall be collected will may include-
- Your name, email address, telephone number and your location will be collected.
- Information that you provide or we collect during our interactions with you following receipt of your enquiry.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
4. How will we use your personal information?
Westera will only use your personal information when the law allows us to and when there is a we have a legal ground for doing so. This may include where:
- we have received your consent for us to do so;
- we need to comply with a legal obligations;
- we need to enter into contracts or perform work under contracts we have entered into with you;
- we pursue legitimate business interests.
Specifically, Westera’s uses of your personal information are as follows:
Contact details uses
- to provide you with information on our products and services;
- to provide marketing information and business updates to keep you informed about our products, services and business;
- to highlight careers opportunities and notifications to subscribers if you provide your consent via our website;
- to pursue legitimate consulting business activities and support services when dealing with your inquiries.
- To improve the functioning of our web site including its ease of use and relevance;
- To assist with data analysis, testing, market research, statistical analysis and survey purposes;
- To assist third party service providers in efficiently supporting our legitimate business activities;
- To assist us meet our reporting obligations and legal compliance as set out in Westera’s policies.
5. Who we share your data with?
Westera may shares your data with third parties who are required to comply with the law and respect the security of your personal information and treat it in accordance with the law.
Your personal information may be shared with the following types of third parties:
- IT technical support providers who assist with our website and maintenance of our IT platform.
- Third party software hosting companies which support our IT platform.
- Professional advisers such as lawyers, accountants and business analysts.
- Providers who may help generate and collate surveys and reviews of our products and services and assist with marketing mail-outs.
- Data centers which provide secure back-up of of our systems and data.
- Providers which host our servers in their data centers.
Emails and visitor comments may also be checked through an automated spam detection service.
6. How long we retain your data?
If you have sent us an email contact enquiry we will keep your personal data in accordance with our secure Email Storage System which provides for indefinite retention of emails.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Where we have collected your personal information while Westera is doing business with your organisation, we will keep your personal information while the business continues, or for as long as we have a view to doing business in the future and/or we see a commercial interest in holding your personal information.
Where you have provided us with your contact details to receive one of our subscriptions we will generally keep this personal data until you have unsubscribed from receiving our communications.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
7. What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
8. Do you have personal data security concerns?
If you have concerns or seek access to your personal information, Westera will not charge you a fee for reasonable access request to your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights).
Westera does reserve its right to charge a reasonable upfront fee however if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
In such circumstances Westera may refuse to comply with the requests.