Hi Everyone. Welcome to our first addition of “Westera Way -2020” or “WW-2020” for short. In upcoming articles we will highlight some of the interesting work of out team are doing and highlight things that we think truly matter to our teams, our clients and our business and alliance partners. We will be publishing WW-2020 once per quarter a quick update on all things Westera
Things we are thinking about for this new year are-
Welcoming new staff to our team:
- Adrian Erazo (Civil Designer, Brisbane) – Adrian has 12 years of experience with a mix of design, project management and construction management experience derived from working as both a civil designer and an engineer. Adrian is filling a 12-month contract position.
- Michael Burnham (Civil Designer, Southport) – Michael will be assisting primarily with resourcing the pipeline of LCC projects. Michael has over 10 years’ experience in civil design and drafting with local government and TMR projects.
- James Harcourt (Lead Structural Engineer, Brisbane) – After a length of time away from the business developing his experience James is returning to Westera Partners. With his CPeng and RPEQ James has 8 years’ experience specialising in medium rise residential and civil structures James’s role will be pivotal in developing the Brisbane Structural team and driving the service offered to clients.
- Daniel Martin (Graduate Structural Engineer GE3, Kingscliff) – Relocating back to Northern NSW from two years in Bundaberg commencing his Structural Engineering career, Dan notes his most challenging projects so far in Palm Lakes Retirement Aged Care Facility in Toowoomba, and most recently a Lifestyle Resort. Also a new father, he is looking forward to the development opportunities with Westera and the varied workload.
- Alex Lindon (Graduate Structural Engineer, GE1, Southport) – Completing her Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with Griffith University and a GPA of 6.5, Alex is very much looking forward to commencing her Engineering career. She has a professional, upbeat personality, a sporting background and enjoys a challenge.
Significant projects won in the last quarter:
- Crowsen Lane extension (Logan City Council) – Undertake options analysis and detailed design for the proposed upgrade and extension to Crowsen Lane Greenbank. Scope includes survey, road design, traffic Assessment, flood assessment noise, environmental and cultural & heritage assessments.
Our new Sunshine Coast Office has won its 100th?? job and doing a great job supporting the Sunshine Coast region with Michael Green (Structural) and Jared Hill (Civil & Enviro) and their teams doing great work. The new Civil and Environmental Services team in Northern NSW is settling in well under Tom McDougal (RPEQ Civil & Enviro) who has relocated from Gold Coast Office and providing more accessible and timely service to our clients in this region.
We will be continuing audits over the coming month with Quality, Safety & Environment re-certification due again in April 2020.
As we enter this new decade, Westera is continuing to experience consistent growth in spite of the often quoted market uncertainty. We are all looking forward to another year of contributing to the sustainable growth in our region.
Thanks for dropping in.